06 April 2009

Best Shot Monday


bsm

So today is Monday and it's the first installment of Best Shot Monday. I got the idea from Tracey, and boy does she have some awesome shots. So from now on, every Monday I will post my favorite recent shot. I haven't really been that focused on photography lately, but GI Joe and I will be buying the new Canon T1i dSLR camera soon(yay!!). Hopefully I can devote some more time to photography and learning new techniques. So for today, here is my best recent shot with our crappy old point-and-shoot. It is from a couple weeks ago when GI Joe left back to Iraq and The Girl and The Boy were walking him into the airport. Such an emotional photo for me.

7 comments:

tracey clark said...

I can see why it's emotional. I feel it. sigh. thanks so much from sharing it!

Capturing Sunshine said...

Powerful photo. Telling moment. My heart is with you. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

Megan said...

so glad you could capture this bittersweet moment. i'm sure it's a treasure for all of you.

Amy Jo said...

Wow, what a powerful moment. Thank you for sharing it with us, and welcome to the BSM club!

Stacy said...

Great shot, Sarah. I can imagine it is so hard. Is this his 3rd deployment...or more?? I don't know how you do it.

I should get back to participating in BSM. Way back when it started I participated but I just haven't had the energy lately. I haven't felt inspired to shoot lately, actually. The weather has been so bad and taking pics inside isn't all that fun. Congrats on getting a new camera, though. That's exciting!

Cara said...

That is such an emotional shot. It stirs up emotions for me as well. I have a family full of Military men and I have seen that shot more than once in the past 4 years.
My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family during this time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh. Tears.