10 April 2009

Food Friday: Meatloaf

So I've been thinking... what do I have a craving for lately? Last week it was Taco Soup(and yes with the help of my pregnant friend who was craving it also, we made it and it was delicious!) This week it is... drum roll please... MEATLOAF! And boy do I have a flippin fastastic recipe. It is my mom's, but I make mine slightly different. I like my meatloaf to still be soft and juicy and not so, well, loafy lol. So enjoy!

MMMmmm Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1 egg
2/3 can tomato soup
1/3 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 c. green pepper
1/4 c. onion (though, like sour cream, I LURVE my onions so I add A LOT more lol)
breadcrumbs(around 1/4-1/2 c. just eyeball it)

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.In large bowl, combine hamburger, egg, cream of mushroom soup, 1/3 can of the tomato soup, pepper and onion. Mix well.

3.Add breadcrumbs until the mixture is more solid and not so sticky/gooey.

4.Place into an ungreased loaf pan. Add remaining tomato soup on top.

5.Bake at 350 for 1 hour.


I like to serve it with some homemade mashed potatoes and peas, just like Mama makes! :) Enjoy the deliciousness!

2 comments:

vera said...

Oh GREAT now I'm really hungry, still haven't eaten anything tonight :P

Rachel said...

Mm, looks tasty! I'll have to print this recipe and give it a whirl soon.