05 April 2009

Palm Sunday: A Time for Birthdays, Easter Eggs and M4 Sherman Tanks???

Ah yes, Palm Sunday. It was on Palm Sunday back in 2004 that The Girl crawled for the first time... to a Pepsi can. But in all seriousness, Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week in the Christian calendar. It is when Jesus rode into Jerusalem as the King of Kings. He was praised and loved. People shouted "Hosanna!" which means "save us." And then just one short week later, He was put to death, humiliated and beaten, spat upon like trash. What a difference a week makes.

Today started out great. We were only 5 minutes late for church(practically a record...) and they handed us those little palm fronds. I made them into little crosses like my Dad used to do for me every year(and still does when I am with him on Palm Sunday.) We sang some great worship songs and the message was very touching. Bitty Boy slept through the entire service so I really felt like I was able to have some one on one time praising the Lord, which was awesome.

Which, speaking of my Bitty Boy, he is 2 months old today!! Look how handsome my little man is! Such bright blue eyes... ahhh I'm so smitten with him! This is him in the Mai Tei carrier.

After church we did the usual trip to Burger King where my fellow army wife friends and I and all our plethora of young children go wild in the playplace. Then it was a (not-so) quick trip to Wal-mart (blech) and then we raced home. Only by the grace of God was I able to make deviled eggs in 10 minutes flat so we could be out the door and head to the Battalion Easter Egg Hunt and BBQ. It was held at the uber-military 1st Cavalry Division Museum which the Brats just L-O-V-E-D. So when it was time to search for the eggs, they were hidden among tank tracks and Howitzer canons. Ahhh such sweet childhood innocence.



No comments: