05 May 2009

Happy Cinco de Light on the Mayo

So today was Day #2 of Operation Lose The Baby Weight.

Ah, yes. I have been here before. I have successfully lost over 40 lbs twice before. This time, I only want to lose about 35. I will be pleased with 15, happy with 25 and ecstatic with 35. I know I can do it, it's just that darn willpower and self-discipline issue(God please help me with the fruits of the Spirit!) I used to be very athletic my whole life. I played sports my entire life and I was even on the Varsity Volleyball, Soccer and Track teams in High School. (Track team is even where I met GI Joe. He was so good looking, funny, super athletic and he was checking ME out... what girl could resist that?!) But I am NOT good about eating well. I love me some chocolate, ice cream, ranch dressing, cheese and of course, sour cream. I'm a sucker for snacks. A fool for food. A chump for chow.

So yesterday I began the hopefully not-so-long journey of losing weight, eating healthier and actualy fitting into some of my clothes. I figure fitting into the ones I already own is way cheaper than going to buy new ones(which I have been guilty of doing... oops) So I went grocery shopping and spent an insane amount of money on healthy foods... fat free yogurt, fruits and veggies, low-fat versions of all my favorite foods. I don't want to starve myself or forbid myself from eating certain foods, I just want to eat more sensibly. I know I am nursing so I need extra calories for that, but at least they can be GOOD calories and not fatty greasy calories... oh how I love me some greasy fatty calories... *sigh*

Yesterday I worked out for 30 minutes and today I did my Pilates DVD. For those of you who have never done Pilates, go do it right now. It's awesome. It tones so up like no other. I did it both times I lost weight and it really helps you slim down and get lean muscle. (By the way, it is pronounce Pill-LAH-Tees for those who don't know... I used to think you said it Pie-Lats lol)

So off I go on my voyage, hopefully leading me back into my size 7 jeans.... If you have any tips for squeezing in exercise or a yummy healthy snack, please let me know!

5 comments:

Misty Rice said...

found you through mckmama's blog. My friend is a part of this blog and I thought you may enjoy it.

Praying for your family and husbands safe return.

God Bless.
http://lovelyyellowribbonsglamgals.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I just prayed for you, your husband and your family. I know God will meet all of your needs.

BTW, from this post, we have a few things in common!

My boy is two weeks old today (also have a 7 year old girl and 2 year old boy) and boy do I need to start the weight-loss journey. But, I too am nursing, and really don't want to jeopardize that.

KJ said...

I also found you through Mckmama's blog and am in a similar situation. My husband is deployed as well and we are eagerly awaiting his return. Keep pressing one!

Amy said...

I'm with ya girl! Would love to loose 30 before R&R but just don't see it happening. Where is your hubby right now?

WriterGirl said...

I was just gonna say that I can't live without sour cream, either. But thanks to Hungry Girl, I have found an AWESOME substitute. In fact, I may never have real sour cream again. It's greek yogurt and it is FABULOUS. I don't even miss sour cream. Even better, the WHOLE 5 oz container is NO FAT and only 80 calories. Way better than even the light sour cream. It's amazing!